can I take dietery suplliments I have autoimmune hepatitis

Hi My age is 19 Treatment is from last 3 years and continues I had liver biopsy to dignose AIH and it confirms I have AIH m treated with high dose 1st and now dose us predinisol 10mg andazathioprine 50mg my AIH is in cntrl now every month chk up is mostly normal or some times 30 40 unit up downs my ques is can I take whay protein becz I go to gym and want a good body becz of stelroids in med made my shape bad fatty looking like xhest and stomach ..hlp me about it...

Response from Dr. Taylor

I would not take any dietary supplements with AIH and the medications you are taking, without talking with your doctor. Working out at the gym is a safer approach.

Please interpret my laboratory results for Hepatitis B.
Hepatitis from eating utensils