|can I take dietery suplliments I have autoimmune hepatitis
Mar 9, 2014
Hi My age is 19 Treatment is from last 3 years and continues I had liver biopsy to dignose AIH and it confirms I have AIH m treated with high dose 1st and now dose us predinisol 10mg andazathioprine 50mg my AIH is in cntrl now every month chk up is mostly normal or some times 30 40 unit up downs my ques is can I take whay protein becz I go to gym and want a good body becz of stelroids in med made my shape bad fatty looking like xhest and stomach ..hlp me about it...
Response from Dr. Taylor
I would not take any dietary supplements with AIH and the medications you are taking, without talking with your doctor. Working out at the gym is a safer approach.
Please interpret my laboratory results for Hepatitis B.
Hepatitis from eating utensils
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Are Purple Bumps On Side Of Mouth Cheeks A Sign Of Hiv?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Underwear?
- Delayed Seroconversion After 4 Months
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.