hep c splash to eye

I am a resp therapist and was working in one of my hospitals icu's when i was splashed with a drop of blood while suctioning a pts trach tube. I rinsed my eyes out with saline and threw contacts away. I reported it to employee health and was sent to er for baseline blood tests. The pt was positive for hep c/neg fro hiv. Its been thirty days and i have been tested a second time which labs were still negative. I believe they are running ALT/AST and some other hep test which is suppose to under .8 i believe. I wish i new the name of the second test. I spoke to a GI Hepatology Dr who said to have labs run for hep c RNA PCR. Is that something they probably are already running? I am quite anxious about all this. If you could give me any advice i would appreciate it. I have been told mucosal exposure is rare for transmission. But still nervous.

Response from Dr. Taylor

It is wonderful that you went to employee health. Following their algorithm is important. Yes mucosal transmission of hepatitis C via splash to eye is rare. The test the GI doctor mentioned is correct, I would ask about hepatitis C RNA viral load. This may not have been run. Also to minimize future stress do follow standard infection control practices regarding eye protection.

Hepatitis B Progressively Getting Worse
Suffering from Hepatitis B Need your help