HBsAg Anti-HAV IgM and Anti-HAV IgG RESULT
Feb 26, 2014
Please help me interpret the my lab result: HBsAg w Titer (Eclia) : non-reactive Anti-HAV IgM (Eclia):non-reactive Anti-HAV IgG (Eclia): non-reactive
Response from Dr. Taylor
From these results it sounds as though you do not have chronic hepatitis B nor A. However I cannot rule out a very new hepatitis B infection. Ideally next steps include vaccination against hepatitis A if possible, to protect you from a future infection, and getting checked for the hep B surface antibody. If the hep B surface antibody is non-reactive, ideally hep B vaccine is a great thing to do. If you cannot access the hep B surface antibody, getting vaccinated against hep B is still indicated and can only help.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.