Liver Infamation

I got my diagnoses on 10th June 2013 and started treatment some weeks after with cd4 count 189 and viral load 14,560.I chosed to be placed on ATRIPLA and by OCTOBER 2013 when I went for the next check, my cd4 count has risen to 498 and viral load UNDECTABLE which is quite encouraging but at the same time there is trace of liver inflammation. I am 26years old, never a smoker or an alcoholic. please what is the way out? HOPE

Response from Dr. Taylor

Congratulations, you have had a wonderful response to your Atripla. Your CD4+ cell count is now out of the AIDS range, which is very good for your health. Having an undetectable HIV viral load is the goal of HIV medication.

I do not know how it was determined that you have a trace of liver inflammation. It is NOT likely due to the Atripla, you should continue this. I would ask your doctor how she/he determined this and if you have been evaluated for common causes of liver disease including hepatitis B, C, and A.

getting married but infected with Hep B.
Follow-up to Jan 4 Hep C Q&A HCV treatment