Is a month too quick for symptoms to show up?
Jan 11, 2014
Hi Dr. Taylor,
Would it be unusual to develop jaundice or other severe symptoms only a month after HCV diagnosis assuming the HCV was in the acute stage?
Response from Dr. Taylor
No this can happen in the acute phase of hepatitis C. There are varied prentations of this new infection, and people can experience symptoms or not in a range of ways. Most people do not develop jaundice or other severe symptoms. Those who do have a higher chance of the body clearing away the infection in the first 6 months, without medications.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Genital Herpes From A Cold Sore?
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Sharing A Pipe?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.