Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Suffering from Hepatitis B Need your help
Jan 11, 2014

Dear sir, I am 32year old, from Mumbai India. 2 Month before[ Nov 15th ] I was detected positive for hepatitis B Initialy the LFT test shows AST/SGOT 1200 ALT /SGPT 1400

And now the report are [ After 15 days] HBV viral load by TAQ MAN 20300 IU/ML AST/SGOT 115 ALT /SGPT 477 Alkanie phosphatase 110 Hepatitis B core IGM Serum 32.41 Hepatitis B E IGM Serum Negative Hepatitis B e Antibody 0.370 Hepatitis B e Antigen 1.97 Alpha Fetoprotein 6.92

I have consult two Dr.

One DR. suggest me to take Tenofovir 300 mg for 1 Month and repeat all test.

& Second Dr Suggest me wait for 1 month to take any treatment after one month repeat the test for LFT test

Presently I am following second Dr. Please suggest me.

Now i have done [Dec. 30th] LFT test results is as follows Total Bilirubin - 0.80 Bilirubin Direct - 0.26 Total protein - 7.6 Albumin - 3.9 Globulin - 3.7 Albumin/Globulin Ratio - 1.0 SGOT - 40 SGPT - 83 Alkaline phosphatase - 83 G-Glutamyl Transferase - 21 Lactate dehydrogenase - 155

Dear Sir, I have discuss my LFT report with my 2 Doctor, he suggest me to wait for next 4 month [ up to March 2014] and after that go for the HBs Ag test. Meanwhile do LFT test every month.

Kindly suggest me shall I wait up to march 2014. Or go for the virus specific test, again / or take any treatment.

Please suggest me.

Response from Dr. Taylor

It sounds as though you have a new hepatitis B infection. I agree with your second doctor, it sounds as though you are under good care. We can wait to see if a new infection goes away on its onw before starting hepatitits B medications. If the infection does not go away on its own which you doctor can discuss with you, then I suggest discussing whether medication is indicated.

I would also discuss with your doctor getting tested for hepatitis A and C, as well as HIV. Other things to review together would be identifying sexual and household contacts for hepatitis B testing and if not infected, ideally vaccination to prevent hepatitis B.

Previous
How long does it take for Truvada PrEP to be fully saturated and working?
Next
Hiv positive living with hiv negative husband

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.