|under standing ,blood test
Jan 4, 2014
Hi,doctor,hope u would help me to under stand my blood test My hepatitis surface antigen is possitive HBe angtigen is negative HBV DNA is deted,with 99% sensetive and specific.
Response from Dr. Taylor
You have chronic hepatitis B virus infection.
Ideally, next steps include getting tested for HIV, hepatitis C and A, and getting vaccinated against hepatitis A if you are not protected; finding a doctor to assist you over time; talking with a doctor about getting sexual partners and household members tested and vaccinated as needed; and stopping alcohol and tobacco, if you use these substances.
HIV and HCV
Help understanding Hep lab results, please....
- Coated Tongue After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.