|under standing ,blood test
Jan 4, 2014
Hi,doctor,hope u would help me to under stand my blood test My hepatitis surface antigen is possitive HBe angtigen is negative HBV DNA is deted,with 99% sensetive and specific.
Response from Dr. Taylor
You have chronic hepatitis B virus infection.
Ideally, next steps include getting tested for HIV, hepatitis C and A, and getting vaccinated against hepatitis A if you are not protected; finding a doctor to assist you over time; talking with a doctor about getting sexual partners and household members tested and vaccinated as needed; and stopping alcohol and tobacco, if you use these substances.
HIV and HCV
Help understanding Hep lab results, please....
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
- How Fast Can You Detect A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.