Dec 31, 2013
my surface antigent is possite,hbe antigen is + abe antibody is - ,hbv dna is detected with sensitivity and specificity of 99%,sgpt is 51 ,what is means
| Response from Dr. Taylor
This means you have chronic hepatitis B virus infection. Ideal next steps include getting tested for HIV and hepatitis C, discontinuing alcohol and tobacco use if you use, and seeing if you can access a hepatitis B physician. Talk with her/him about possible treatment with antiviral pills, and getting household and sexual contacts testes and if not infected, vaccinated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Prescription Cream Works For Shingles?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like In Early Stages?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Ways You Can Get Chlamydia From People Who Have It
- Symptoms Of Shingles On The Brain
- Symptoms Of Chlamydia In The Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.