|Am I at risk for HIV or any other infections?
Dec 28, 2013
I have a new boyfriend and I noticed that every time we kiss his mouth bleeds. Since we have been seeing each other my mouth bleeds as well and the area around some teeth are hurting. If I am at risk what doctor should I go to for testing? A Dentist? Physician? GYNO? Thank you!
Response from Dr. Taylor
I would see your primary care physician and discuss this fully, and to get tested for HIV and hepatitis C, as well as a dentist for a dental check up.
HIV+HBV Atripla alternative
unprotected sex at the onset of hep b vaccination
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Will Using Condoms Completely Protect Against Genital Herpes?
- Why Are Genital Warts More Prevalent In Homosexual Men?
- Where Is The Most Common Place To Have Shingles?
- Where Do You Get Shingles On Your Body?
- What Happens If You Test Positive For Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.