The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Am I at risk for HIV or any other infections?
Dec 28, 2013

I have a new boyfriend and I noticed that every time we kiss his mouth bleeds. Since we have been seeing each other my mouth bleeds as well and the area around some teeth are hurting. If I am at risk what doctor should I go to for testing? A Dentist? Physician? GYNO? Thank you!

Response from Dr. Taylor

I would see your primary care physician and discuss this fully, and to get tested for HIV and hepatitis C, as well as a dentist for a dental check up.

HIV+HBV Atripla alternative
unprotected sex at the onset of hep b vaccination

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint