hb positive

hi DR I'M 25 YRS OLD NOW BUT IN MY MIDDDLE SENIOR HIGE SCHOOL I ATTENDED BLOOD DONATION PROGRAM AND THEY TOLD I'VE A HBPOSITIVE BUT AS A MATTER OF FACT I DIDNT BOTHER TO DO ANY VISIT O TAKING ANY MEDICINE BECAUSE I NEVER FELT ANYTHING LIKE SICK BUT LAST WEEK I ATTENDED AGAIN AT BLOOD DONATION PROGRAM AND SAME THING HAPPENED SO I WANT YOU TO TELL ME FROM 7 YRS NOW THAT I DISCOVEREDHAVEN BUT I DIDNT CURE IT TILL NOW...

Response from Dr. Taylor

Please do not donate blood again. This is not the right way to learn about whether you have hepatitis B or not. I appreciate that in many parts of the world it is not easy to access care, but if we have hepatitis B we do not want to spread it to others through the blood supply.

I am not sure which of your tests was positive. There are a number of blood tests that tell us about hepatitis B. The best thing to do is to try to find a doctor who can test you for hepatitis B surface antigen and discuss the results and possible treatment with you. Remember that some blood tests just mean you were exposed to hepatitis B but do not have the infection now, while other tests signify infection. The best way to sort this out is with a physician.

Can a CBC checking elevated liver enzymes help hint towards hcv?
Hepatitis C and Alcohol