|Can a CBC checking elevated liver enzymes help hint towards hcv?
Dec 25, 2013
Hello Dr. Taylor,
I have been having some unexplained stomach problems, fatigue, back pain, and whitish change in my stool that my doctor wants to check out what it might be with a cbc. These are pretty nonspecific symptoms I realize, but if the cbc did show abnormal liver enzymes, should I ask my doctor to do an hcv test? I have reason to believe that I might have had exposure to hcv-infected blood a year ago.
Response from Dr. Taylor
Yes if you may have been exposed I recommend getting tested for hep C. Even if your liver enzymes are not elevated I suggest getting tested.
Hep C infectiousness through sex
- Neuropathy And Pins And Needles In Groin Area
- Odds Of Contracting Hiv With An Infected Partner
- If You Swallow The Semen Of Hiv Infected Person Can You Get Hiv?
- Can Neuropathy Be Relieved With Ibuprofen?
- What Does It Mean When Hiv Is Lying Dormant In Your Body?
- Without An Outbreak Can You Give Someone Genital Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.