|Can a CBC checking elevated liver enzymes help hint towards hcv?
Dec 25, 2013
Hello Dr. Taylor,
I have been having some unexplained stomach problems, fatigue, back pain, and whitish change in my stool that my doctor wants to check out what it might be with a cbc. These are pretty nonspecific symptoms I realize, but if the cbc did show abnormal liver enzymes, should I ask my doctor to do an hcv test? I have reason to believe that I might have had exposure to hcv-infected blood a year ago.
| Response from Dr. Taylor
Yes if you may have been exposed I recommend getting tested for hep C. Even if your liver enzymes are not elevated I suggest getting tested.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Cbc Give A Hint About Hiv?
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.