Nov 30, 2013
I was diagnosed 2 yrs ago with Hep c. At present I feel fine other than I am experiencing some abdominal bloating. Is there something I can do to help eliminate this bloating?
Response from Dr. Taylor
Abdominal bloating is not typically caused by hepatitis C -- unless the hepatitis C is advanced, and a person has cirrhosis (extensive scarring of the liver) as a result. In the case where cirrhosis has developed, fluid can collect in the belly -- this is called ascites. Talk to your doctor about whether you have ascites. If you do not, the bloating may not be related to your hep C at all.
CIMA tests for HBV, HCV and HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Hpv Cause A Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.