SVR doubts

Hello, my question would be about your experience with patients who achieve SVR. For example, I successfully cleared the virus 7 years ago using pegasys and ribavirin therapy for 48 weeks. Just to mention, I was a rapid responder. I did a HCV RNA PCR test 6 months after therapy, one year after, and every year on a regular basis for 4 years following treatment. Each PCR test came back negative. I read on many forums and medical web sites that despite HCV RNA PCR resulted negative, this didn't mean that there was no virus in the blood, but it was just under the level of detection. This blows my mind over the years, because I can't consider myself CURED having this fact in mind, and I am always concerned of getting other people infected somehow... What are your experiences, are there some cases where people have been PCR negative for years, and suddenly become PCR positive again (i don't think of geting reinfected but about becoming a late relapser. And one more thing.... do you consider persons like me CURED? Thanx a lot for patience and response.

Response from Dr. Taylor

Yes I consider you cured, consistent with the science to date. Congratulations to you.

HCV RNA PCR (-)
Hepatits C