Nov 20, 2013
Hello my girlfriend just found out she has hep c.. and im wondering with b n a sam sex couple about the sex part... can i catch it orally or kiss n???
Response from Dr. Taylor
Hep C is only spread by blood, so avoid sex when your girlfriend has her period/is menstruating, if she still does. Avoid anal sex (sex inside the butt, using anything inside the butt), as there can be bleeding with this. You are in the very lowest risk group of all humans -- women having sex only with women, as far as sexual transmission of hep C goes.
Avoid sharing toothbrushes as there can be a tiny bit of microscopic blood from the gums. If you shave do not share razors.
HBs test what to do
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Cure Painful Spots On My Penis?
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- Can You Still Have Hiv And Test Negative?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.