is there treatment today gt2

I was diagnosed with Hep c type II about fifteen years ago. The Dr. at the time told me there was no cure for it and I should just settle with a slow death over time. I would like to know if there is something they can do today? I know people who have taken treatments and have gotten over it but they had type 1.

Response from Dr. Taylor

Genotype 2 is considered today, the most curable type of hepatitis C. There are options including interferon/ribavirin, and within weeks, sofosbuvir/ribavirin. The regimen of 2 medications, sofosbuvir plus ribavirin, may be given for 12 weeks with a very high likelihood of cure for those who take all of the pills. So if you can access medications, your chance of cure is high. Please do check with your doctor as time has passed and it would be wonderful if you can access medications. Also note that a number of other medications may soon be approved that are also active against genotype 2.

Hbs(ag) positive
hep c replicates better in pregnant women and their babies?