Hep C lfts after treatment

I am seven months post treatment for Hep C geno 3a. I treated with peg/copeg for 96 weeks. Stage 4 compensated, high dose Riba. (1600 mg daily) Was undetected through tx. Lfts have been normal at 3 mos and 7 mos. They have always been high as far as I can remember. Or do u think the RIBA is still in my system keeping them low. (ALT 38 and AST 23 at 7 mos.)

Response from Dr. Taylor

You have a very good chance for cure. The next best step is to get a blood test for HCV RNA by PCR. If you do not have the virus in the blood, since you are 7 months out after stopping treatment, you are cured. I hope you received this news.

Relapse may occur, and does occur, with genotype 3. This means that the virus was suppressed while we were on medications, but is present once we stop medications. In this case there is NOT a cure, and we still have hepatitis C. If this is the case for you, and your hepatitis C virus is detectable, talk with your doctor about new medications including sofosbuvir. This is important given you have stage 4 compensated disease. I would also ask your doctor about screening for liver cancer and varices (swollen veins near the liver). All best to you.

hepatitis A
Hbs(ag) positive