How long does it take for Spironolactone to cure ascites

I just started Spironolactone twice at day (25mg pills) yesterday since gained about 20 lbs of fluid on abdomen and legs...How long will it take to get rid of it? days, weeks? Months? Last but not least should I drink more water with ascites or less??

Response from Dr. Taylor

You should see a change in days and a big change in weeks. Check with your doctor frequently regarding monitoring during this time, ideally. It can be safer at times to see the change gradually, depending on a number of factors. This is not a cure for the fluid, and it can come back/build up again over time. Typically we restrict salt and sometimes water with ascites; the details for each person depend on her/his other medical issues and the degree of liver disease. Please check with your doctor about this and in the meantime I would not advise drinking more water, in general.

regarding HCV + prick by suture needle
anti bhe result