Hep c stage 3

Is stage 3 bad for hep c I was told they found leisions on my liver and some sort of mass on my kidney how serious is that they want to do more testing to determine if the mass is cancer..

Response from Dr. Taylor

The stage of hepatitis C refers to how much scarring is in the liver. There are a number of different staging systems used; your number 3 may be 3 out of 4, or 3 out of 6. The higher the number, the more scarring.

I would ask your doctor about the staging system she/he uses, and ask that she/he explain how much scarring is in your liver.

It is hard to know from the information you share, how serious this is. In general lesions in the liver and mass in the kidney benefit from prompt evaluation and care, as this can mean cancer. If it is, remember that many types of cancer are treatable. I wish you the very best.

hepatitis A and pregnancy
HEP B - Lab Test results