|HCV followed by HIV
May 8, 2001
If a person is already Hepatitis C positive for a long period of time (15+ years), and is exposed to the HIV virus, does his HCV status have any effect on how long his body will produce antibodies for HIV, or is this irrelevant and it will be the usual 3 month period? Thanks in advance...
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The presence of hepatitis C would not, I believe, have any effect on the detection of HIV antibodies either in the timing or the amount. DTD
Approval date for Ribavirin?
Another facial wasting and extended belly question
- Are Itchy Testicles A Symptom Of HIV?
- Does HIV Cause Ear Infection?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.