Approval date for Ribavirin?

Any idea when Ribavirin will be approved by itself?

Do you know how I can monitor the approval date. A website perhaps?

Thank you Doctor.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It does not appear to happening any time soon. However you can check with the FDA if you wish. The FDA has given Schering expedited review for the combination of peg and ribavirin which should happen by August or September. I am sure you will hear about it, but the NATAP site will have it early no doubt. If you are waiting for treatment, many of the mail order pharmacies like Priority and Fishers have ribavirin available for use with peg. Good luck! DTD

bad liver
HCV followed by HIV