Suggestion Pls Hepatitis and protected sex

Dear Dr., I am hepatitis b infected. I am having protected sex but I wonder if it is transmitted by kissing or oral sex. I read somewhere that it is not transmitted by these means. My last HBV DNA test was 420 copies and ALT being always normal. Do I need to worry about my partner. Thank you for your great help.

Response from Dr. Taylor

Hepatitis B is a very infectious virus. It is much more easy to spread hepatitis B via 'protected sex' than hepatitis C and HIV. Hepatitis B can be spread via many bodily fluids.

Yes I would be concerned for your partner. She/he should be tested for the hepatitis B surface antigen. If negative or non-reactive, your partner should be vaccinated against hepatitis B. She/he is not guaranteed to be protected until the vaccination series is complete and a follow-up blood test shows development of the hepatitis B surface antibody.

If the test is reactive, and your partner has hepatitis B, remember that she/he may have NOT gotten hepatitis B from you. Again, it is an easy virus to catch, unless we are vaccinated. Even if your partner was not sexually involved with you at all, she/he would benefit from hepatitis surface antigen testing and vaccination if un-infected with medical care if infected.

chronic inactive hepatits B carrier
after hepatits c treatment pain