|What happens hep B
Aug 11, 2013
I want to know what happens if your HBSAG ,HBEAb and HBCAb are all positive whiles HBSAb and HBEAg are negative plz kindly help me to know the implication to this.Plz what drugs would you recommend for such situation.
| Response from Dr. Taylor
This indicates a chronic hepatitis B virus infection. Next best steps are to have HBV DNA (viral load) and ALT (a liver injury blood test) checked, along with test for HIV and hepatitis C. These results along with findings from your physical exam and medical history will help your doctor determine the best medical therapy. Other ways to help the liver include not using alcohol, not smoking, and maintaining a healthy weight.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.