|Hypothyroidism and HIV/Hep C
Jul 25, 2013
Hello! Does Hypothyroidism/Levothyroxine delay the testing window for Hep C/HIV. Thank you very much.
Response from Dr. Taylor
Hypothyroidism/Levothyroxine should not delay the testing window for Hep C/HIV.
Persons living with HIV infection may have a delayed development of hep C antibody, but thyroid disease and medication to replace thyroid hormone should not impact the development of HIV and hep C antibodies.
HepC transmission if undetectable after 4 months
HCV treatment with Pegintron and Ribiviron
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Treat Both Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
- How Long Does The Hepatitis A Vaccine Work?
- At What Stages Of HIV Does Peripheral Neuropathy Occur
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.