A HCV PCR negative woman

I am girl, a hepatitis C patient with mixed genotype (1,2,3) at a age of 22. My PCR is postive, My interferon therapy has started. Doc said that PCR would be negative within 6 months to 1 year. My LFT, fibrosis: all test are clear. I want you to ask that after PCR negative could I marry without fear to transform hep C to him.

Response from Dr. Taylor

Once a person is cured of hepatitis C virus infection with treatment, she/he is no longer infectious/contagious. Cure means cure, so there is no virus to pass on to anyone. The hepatitis C antibody test remains positive for life, but the viral tests will be negative. She/he can catch hepatitis C again though so it is important to talk with our physicians about how to prevent getting re-infected.

It takes 6 months after interferon therapy to know if a person is cured. The virus must be non-detetectable 6 months after therapy is withdrawn/stopped for this to be considered a cure and a person to be non-infectious.

HEP B LAB RESULT
hep c virus screenings