Hep C Treatment

I finishes standard Hep Ctreatment 2 months ago was undetectable a 12 weeks and then stayed that way with both Hiv and hep C , I had to stop hep c treatment 6 weeks early was very hard could not eat for 6 months and was almost suicidile My Doctor said then stop only had 6 weeks left well just got my labs back for 1st time after treatment and my viral load is back and at 7500 does this mean I will go chronic again, when I started treatment my hep c load was 17 million?? very scared hiv undetetcable know and through treatment. please respond hope I did not go through the hell of that treatment to just get sick right away again have not even recovered from treatment don't know if I could do it again???

Response from Dr. Taylor

I am sorry you had such a hard hep C treatment course, this can happen. Good for you for trying! It sounds as though you have had a relapse, meaning the virus replicates again without the pressure of the hepatitis C medications, and yes you still have chronic hepatitis C. If you can get a confirmatory (second) hep C viral load to make sure this is the correct result, it would be ideal.

It is wonderful that your HIV viral load is not detectable; this is very important for people living with both HIV and hepatitis C.

I would talk with your doctor about new medications coming soon for people who do not tolerate interferon, and for those who still have the hepatitis C virus after treatment. I appreciate that this can be most disappointing. However you did not waste your time, you gave your liver a break from hepatitis C for a while, and learned that you may benefit greatly in the future from hep C treatment without interferon.

Hepetitius B Series
hepatitis B infection too scared doctor please help