Hepetitius B Series

I got the first Hep B shot two months after I was born. My immunization record shows that I restarted the series and got the first shot again when I was five and the second one month after that. Does this count as three shots or do I have to get another?

Response from Dr. Taylor

If you can have your hepatitis B surface antibody checked and it is over 10, you are all set.

Otherwise when we cannot get our hep B vaccines according to the ideal schedule, I recommend just starting from scratch with all 3 injections in the series according to schedule, if you can access this.

If you have lived with someone with hep B or had sex with another person, ideally you would get checked for the hepatitis B surface antigen to be sure you have not been infected in the absence of the ideal vaccination series.

This is the safest, ideal route; if not possible, know that some people are protected with even 1 vaccine, or 2, or with less than the ideal vaccination schedule.

When are there going to be retrovirals for HCV geno 2b coinfected w/ HIV
Hep C Treatment