whatmean Anti-HBc is positive

I made blood test and the Anti-HBc was positive. All liver values are normal. Dr. told me it might be the Hepatics b is resolved by it self. The will make other test to be sure. I never had any problem with my health or liver. Did the normal liver values and my health history can be an indicator that the Hepatitis b is already resolved

Response from Dr. Taylor

The Anti-HBc is a marker of exposure. A positive result means that you have been exposed to hepatitis B.

If your hepatitis B surface antigen (often abbreviated sAg) is non-reactive or negative, then you do not have hepatitis B and you cleared the infection away. So I would confirm with your doctor that this is the case. It sounds as though it is, which would be good news.

If the hepatitis B sAg is reactive this typically tells us that there is a chronic hepatitis B virus infection, an ongoing, persistent infection in the liver. If the sAg is positive, it is helpful to be evaluated by a doctor over time; hepatitis B can change over time in someone's body. If the sAg is positive, a helpful next blood test is the hepatitis B DNA. The DNA test result can determine whether the hepatitis B virus is currently replicating in your liver cells (making new viruses every day).

Hepatitis B treatment
When are there going to be retrovirals for HCV geno 2b coinfected w/ HIV