|Hep B Surf Ab
Jul 2, 2013
Hi! Please help me to understand the result of my test: Hep B Surf Ab 103 f (where f is footnote). Thanks in advance!
Response from Dr. Taylor
It sounds as though you are protected against hepatitis B virus infection, which is good news.
The surface antibody being present and at a high level means that either 1) you were successfully vaccinated against hepatitis B or 2) you were exposed to hepatitis B and you cleared away the infection and developed this protective antibody.
Information Alk phos
Hepatitis B treatment
- How Long After Sex Can I Take An Hiv Test?
- If The Viral Load Is Zero Does That Mean You Have Cleared The Hepatitis C Virus?
- Will Chlamydia Cause An Abnormal Pap Smear?
- Why Are Genital Warts More Prevalent In Homosexual Men?
- What To Do After Being Diagnosed With Hpv?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.