HBsAG positive

I AM ENGAGED WITH A BOY AND HE IS HBSAG POSITIVE.SO IF I TAKE VACCINE FOR HEPATITIS CAN I STILL GET INFECTED AFTER MARRIAGE.PLEASE REPLY SOON.BECAUSE HE TOLD ME THAT IT IS NOT INFECTIOUS IF I AM PRE-VACCINATED.I AM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT MY RELATIONSHIP.

Response from Dr. Taylor

The vaccine against hepatitis B is very safe and effective. It can protect you for life against hepatitis B. If you are vaccinated and complete the full vaccine series and develop the protective hepatitis B surface antibody, then you cannot catch hepatitis B. However if you are exposed to hepatitis B before the vaccine takes effect, you can become infected. So ideally you would complete the vaccine series and be checked for the surface antibody to make sure you had developed this and were protected.

Ideally you should get your own hepatitis B surface antigen test to determine whether or not you already have hepatitis B infection. Just from living in a part of the world where hepatitis B is common, this can occur even if we feel fine.

HBV-DNA test result
Please interpret my HBV results