HBsAg positive

My recently blood test shows that my hbsag positive, hbeag negative, igm anti hbc negative, total anthbc positive what i should do? my doctor adviced for dna quantitative test,

Response from Dr. Taylor

The positive hbsag means that you have hepatitis B infection. The negative igm anti hbc suggests that this is not a very new infection but has been there for a while.

I agree with your doctor. The dna quantitative test will tell you and your doctor whether and how much hepatitis B virus your liver cells are making. This along with the level of your ALT (a blood test that tells about liver injury) and your HIV test result, will help determine the best course of treatment.

Ways to keep your liver healthier now include not consuming alcohol and not smoking.

If possible it would be ideal to have sexual partners and household members tested also. Those not infected with hepatitis B should get vaccinated against hepatitis B if available.

If you can get tested for hepatitis A and the result is negative, if you can get vaccinated against hepatitis A this would be optimal, if available.

All best to you.

hiv
false positive for hepititis c