hepatitis tests

Dear Dr. Lynn,

after having pain in liver during 3 months and receiving 3 HBsAg negative results, I went to my physician and asked her to prescribe me extended tests for hepatitis (it seems I should find another physician :( ). Could you please help me to interpret the results and advise me what to do next?

anti HAV total - pozitive

HBsAg - negative anti HBc total - pozitiv anti HBc IgM - negative anti HBs - 207 ref. < 10

anti HCV - < 0,04 ref. < 0,90 anti HCV - negative

Thank you!

Regards.

Response from Dr. Taylor

This is all good news. You are protected against hepatitis A and B. It appears that you had hepatitis B and cleared this infection -- it is gone.

You do not appear to have hepatitis C. However if you could have been infected with hepatitis C recently, the anti HCV test may not be positive yet and you should have it repeated in 3-6 months.

low HCV count?
hiv