|Hepatitis B result
Jun 1, 2013
My HEP B surface Ag is Reactive My HEP B surface Ab is Non Reactive HEP Be AG is NonReactive HEP Be Ab is Reactive HEP B CORE IgG is Reactive HEP B CORE IgM is Non Reactive Please interpret the result for me? I am a carrier??
Response from Dr. Taylor
I do not use the term 'carrier' with hepatitis B. If the surface antigen is reactive, I consider this chronic hepatitis B that benefits from care over time, although not necessarily medications. I would ask your doctor to check your hepatitis B DNA level (viral load) and ALT for additional information, and have an HIV test.
If you consume alcohol, consider stopping or at least cutting down...same with smoking.
AIH treatment on HIV
- Do Hiv Symptoms Appear Earlier Than Two Weeks?
- Can You Get Hiv From One Time Sex With A Hiv Positive Person?
- Hiv Western Blot Test How Long Does It Take For Results
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Can A Condom Protect You From Getting Hiv?
- Symptoms Of A Hep B Flare Up
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.