Hepatitis B question

I did a blood work and the doctor told me i was tested positive for hepatitis B,i asked him what he would recommend me to do.He asked me if i was born in the u.s , i said no he said not to worry about that because most people who weren't born in the u.s will always test positive for ppd and hepatitis B.He did not prescribe me anything, i was little freak out i asked him to refer me to a specialist so i can be 100% sure.He told me since i insist he will recommend me to specialist but he swore i am not at risk though. He has told me to come back within the next 6 months for another check up..what you think i should do in that situation?

Response from Dr. Taylor

There are several different blood tests that tell us about hepatitis B. From your message I cannot tell for certain what your doctor meant by 'tested positive for hepatitis B.' This could mean you have hepatitis B, were exposed or have protection against it. Seeing a specialist to review your results is a wonderful idea.

Hep B?
Hep B Sur test results