|Hepatitis b and c
May 25, 2013
I've been diagnosed with both hepatitis b and c. Does this mean I also have HIV? Or can I have both b and c and not have HIV?
| Response from Dr. Taylor
You can have hepatitis B and C and not have HIV. HIV is a distinct virus, a separate infection.
Since you have both hepatitis B and C, I recommend that you have a test to see whether or not you are infected with HIV. The result is important for your health and the health of your sexual partners and if you use drugs, your drug-using partners. All best to you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rash After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Can Men Get Genital Warts Around Their Anus?
- Uncommon Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.