For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Hep B positiv Hep C negativ

hello doctor, My father was diagnosticatet and he has an Hep B positiv and the Liver condtition are not so good(high elevated ALT, AST 140-150).the HBV DNA test (of my father) are positive. me too i have done the test and i am Positive Hep B/Negative Hep C(my mother and my brother Negativ). i have past an inflection years ago. is necessary to do the HBV DNA test? i am a little afraid. thank you and look forward to your reply

Response from Dr. Taylor

Yes I would get your Hepatitis B DNA checked, along with your ALT, and HIV if possible. Knowing these results and reviewing them with a doctor can help you to get a plan in place to keep you healthy. I understand this can be scary, but getting evaluated and possibly treated can help you be the healthiest you can be.

ER physician Born w hep B
Marijuana and the liver