Hepatitis c genotype 1a treatment

hi, my mother is of the age 54 and she is suffering from hepatitis c genotype 1a . doctors are of the view that in this age it is not easy enough to cure it ...and this genotype is incurable too.so, kindly suggest me at least diet regarding this issue and good treatment as well.thanks

Response from Dr. Taylor

Age 54 is a fine age to treat and cure hepatitis C. Many many people with hepatitis C get treated into their 60s and even 70s! With newer treatments soon available, even those with genotype 1a have an excellent chance for cure. See if you can get another opinion regarding medications to treat your Mother's infection.

A healthy diet is important for health, but cannot cure hepatitis C. Avoiding alcohol and tobacco is most important. Avoiding obesity in important as well. A plant-based diet with fresh fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, whole wheat rather than white flour, fish, low fat dairy, with olive oil replacing butter, comparable to a Mediterranean diet, is a basic healthy diet.

hep ci based on previous response to my question
HIV/HCV coinfection