hep ci based on previous response to my question

In late 90s, I was diagnosed with HEP C virus and had a liver biopsy in 2001 that was stage 2, grade 2 and then later 2002 into 2003, I had 11 months of peg-intron treatment. While in treatment, all viral loads were undetectable. Once treatment ended, the viral load returned and was considered a relapse.

I had another biopsy in 2006 which showed stage 1, grade 1 which indicated a reversal from the original biopsy. I am not a candidate for a second interferon treatment, but would like to do the incivik treatment when available.

Do you recommend that and could you tell me what the HI indicates next to the numbers i sent you earlier numbers? All my enzymes have been and continue to be normal.

thank you for your quick response to my previous question. it was very helpful.

Response from Dr. Taylor

I would like to help, I do not have your earlier question with HI. I am not sure what you mean by this. Feel free to send this information.

Liver enzymes do not always tell us about scarring in the liver from hepatitis C. So, normal liver enzymes are not enough to go on. How are your platelets, albumin, bilirubin? Do you also have HIV? Hepatitis B?

It has been 7 years since your last biopsy so I would talk with your doctor about her/his impression of how much scarring there is in your liver and whether you should be treated now or wait for better, easier therapies.

meaning hepatitis b test report.
Hepatitis c genotype 1a treatment