meaning hepatitis b test report.

My blood test report for hepatitis b is Hbsag positive Hbeag negative ahbc-igm negative so what its mean And what should I do. Please answer me. thank you.

Response from Dr. Taylor

These results indicate chronic hepatitis B infection. Other helpful blood tests include hepatitis B DNA, called the viral load; ALT, a test of liver injury; and HIV. The results of these can help determine if treatment is important now.

For people with chronic hepatitis B infection, it is important not to smoke or use alcohol. If you cannot completely stop, less is better.

Talk with your doctor about how to get screened for liver cancer. This is a rare complication of chronic hepatitis B, and does not develop in most people with this infection. However in some parts of the world people may have access to belly ultrasounds and blood tests to help catch any problem early.

See if you can get checked for hepatitis C too, and vaccinated against hepatitis A if you are not already immune.

Can you talk with a doctor about hepatitis B and how to prevent spread to others, see that household members and sexual partners are tested and vaccinated if they do not have hepatitis B?

I wish you the very best.

info on antibodies for hep c
hep ci based on previous response to my question