HEPA A

Please help me Doc, what does mean have an anti-HAV IgG reactive of 15.370,all my anti HAV IgM non.reactive of 0.40, Hbsag w/titer non.reactive of 0.47. I never been vaccinated w/ HEPA A since before. Please help me Doc. to clarify my result? It damage my LIver and my body? Please to hee\ar you soonest Doc... Thanks you in advance.

Response from Dr. Taylor

This is all good news. You are protected against hepatitis A. You do not have an active hepatitis A infection. Hepatitis A can come and go on its own without you even knowing. It does not damage the liver. You are now protected for life.

A non-reative hepatitis B surface antigen most often means that you do not have chronic hepatitis B. There are a number of different test types used around the world, so while the non-reactive result is reassuring, I would check with your doctor about the significance of the titre.

If your hepatitis B results are non-reactive, a vaccine is beneficial to protect you from becoming infected.

You may want to have your result repeated in 6 months or so in case you had a recent infection; in this case it takes some time for the surface antigen to become reactive. Usually with a new hepatitis B infection people feel sick, so if you have not been ill then this is reassuring.

Anti-HAV
HIV, Hep C, Syphilis, High Red Blood Count and Lumbar Puncture