|Question about hepatitis b
Mar 16, 2013
Good evening, i just want to ask if i'm infected with acute hepatitis b or chronic hepatitis b if the blood test shows hbsag (reactive), anti-hbs (nonreactive), hbeag (reactive) and anti-hbe (nonreactive). thank you
| Response from Dr. Taylor
From these results it is not possible to distinguish between acute and chronic hepatitis B. The sAg does indicate an active infection. Did you have any other tests done? Do you have prior results to compare with?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.