|HIV and HBV co-infection
Mar 6, 2013
I am a HBV carrier, but I am being monitored every 4-6 months. My HBV has been stable for a while, and HBV viral load is suppressed. I am worrying that I maybe infected with HIV 2.5 years ago. Will my HBV still be stable, and CBC are stable as well, for co-infection 2.5 years ago?
Response from Dr. Taylor
Co-infection with HIV can impact your hepatitis B. Having both viruses impacts the care of both infections. Thus I would find out if you have been infected with HIV. If so, ideally taking medications for both infections is optimal.
How to cure HepatitisC1a ?
- Is White Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- White Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Urethra After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.