|HIV and HBV co-infection
Mar 6, 2013
I am a HBV carrier, but I am being monitored every 4-6 months. My HBV has been stable for a while, and HBV viral load is suppressed. I am worrying that I maybe infected with HIV 2.5 years ago. Will my HBV still be stable, and CBC are stable as well, for co-infection 2.5 years ago?
Response from Dr. Taylor
Co-infection with HIV can impact your hepatitis B. Having both viruses impacts the care of both infections. Thus I would find out if you have been infected with HIV. If so, ideally taking medications for both infections is optimal.
How to cure HepatitisC1a ?
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Hole In Condom
- Is Thrush An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.