Mar 6, 2013
is it safe on smoking while having hepatitis A
| Response from Dr. Taylor
Hepatitis A is an infection that goes away on its own, without any medications. I am not aware of evidence demonstrating that smoking when one has an active hepatitis A infection poses additional risks.
In general though smoking is damaging for your overall health. It increases the risk of liver cancer for people with hepatitis B and/or C.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore Throat A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.