|Hepatitis B Profile test
Feb 23, 2013
Hi Dr, Thanks so very much for your time, After a Hepatitis B profile test this was the outcome HbsAg positive HbsAb negative HbeAg negative HbeAb positive HbcAb positive can you please do the analysis for me
| Response from Dr. Taylor
It sounds as though you have chronic hepatitis B infection.
Next steps include getting blood tests for HBV DNA (viral load), ALT (a marker of liver injury), and HIV test. The results will guide decisions about additional steps and whether you need medications now or not.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ear Infection Sign Of HIV Infection
- Achy Balls After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.