New Hep C treatments
Feb 6, 2013
Due to the apparent side effects of Interferon many people are waiting ( if able ) for new non-interferon treatments. Clinical Trails appear to be going well for those co-infected with HIV. Do you have any idea when more tolerant treatments for Hep C maybe available?
Response from Dr. Taylor
There are many new hepatitis C medications under investigation. Many more clinical trials are becoming available including trials for people coinfected with both HIV and HCV. It is anticipated that over the next year, two or three, new medications will be approved. It is anticipated that by 2015 we will be free of inteferon.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Raw Oysters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.