24 weeks or 26 weeks? for HCV test

Hi Dr. First of all, I want to thank you for your time and help. I healthy male who had a small risk of contracting hepatitis c (sexual route), nevertheless at the 11th week after my risk I developed RUQ pain. I waited 24 weeks (168 days)to get an anti HCV test do not know the generation, but I had my test done in quest diagnostics lab) which came negative. I thought I was free of this illness, but I have read in many places that the window period for hep C is 180 days (about 26 weeks. My question for you is my 24 week test conclusive? Should I test again? P.S: From time to time I still feel pain in my RUQ region

Response from Dr. Taylor

In rare cases there can be a prolonged period before the HCV antibody becomes reactive. So I suggest getting re-tested.

3 patients with negative results for hep. after needlestick injury
New Hep C treatments