HIV wiith HepC infection

I have undetectable viral load with CD4 100 and my doctor suggested i get evaluated to start Hep C treatment. Heard the treatment is harsh and wondering if i need to postpone the treatment until i get my cd4 count higher?

Response from Dr. Taylor

This is an important question. First, it is wonderful that your HIV viral load is undetectable. This can help slow hepatitis C disease progression.

I recommend getting evaluated. It will not hurt to have a better understanding of how your liver is doing, what the current treatment options are, and what new treatments will be available in the future. Getting evaluated does not mean you are committing to hepatitis C medications. The more you know about your own liver health, the better position you are in to decide to take current therapies or wait for new, easier, more effective treatments which you can take when your CD4 cell count is higher.

question about HEPATITIS B
3 patients with negative results for hep. after needlestick injury