For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

My boyfriend has HCV and a possibility HIV. He's has not been tested recently. He was rubbing on me and repositioned his male area comfortably while he there was precum there then continued to rub my female area again. If he had precum on his hand is there any chance I could get either of them. There was no penetration. They told me HCV had to be blood to blood contact

Response from Dr. Taylor

I recommend that your boyfriend get an HIV test. If possible avoid sexual contact with him until he has his result and you can review with a health care worker safe sex in case he is HIV-infected. If he is HIV-infected, you should be tested as well. If you have ever had sex with anyone else, even once, you should be tested as well.

Hepatitis C is spread by blood thus you are not at risk of getting hepatitis C from the contact your describe. Anal intercourse (sex in the butt) is the highest risk sexual activity with respect to bleeding.

what do "anti hav g test" means
sudden appearance HBsAg